The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid requires 100% clinical data (hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and vascular access) on 100% of patients in EQRS monthly. If 100% of data is not submitted a facility is considered non-compliant with CMS Data Management Guidelines. Follow the 3 steps below to ensure your facility is compliance:
1. Submit your monthly clinical data into EQRS by the last day of the month for the period 2 months prior. For example, submit your September data by November 30. CMS will close months in EQRS for clinical data entry after this time.
2. Find patients with missing or saved clinical data that needs to be submitted. Be sure that your facility has clicked the SUBMIT button. Data in a Saved status will not be considered submitted by CMS, and your facility will not receive credit for this data!
- Open the "Manage Clinical" screen under patient tab.
- In the Collection Type drop-down list, select the collection type to search (Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, or Vascular Access).
- In the Clinical Month drop-down, select an open clinical month to search
- In the "Patient Clinical Status" drop-down, select "With Saved Clinical Values" and click on "Search Patients". This will provide a list of patients with saved clinical values. Patients with saved data that has not been submitted will be displayed in the "Select Patient" drop-down list. You must select each patient in this list and click "submit".
- In the "Patient Clinical Status" drop-down, select "Without Clinical Values" and click on "Search Patients" to search for patients without clinical values. Patients without clinical data will be displayed in the "Select Patient" drop-down list. You must select each patient in this list and click "submit".
3. Use the N/A (Not Available) option properly:
- Use the N/A (Not Available) option on patients with no clinical information available because the patient did not dialyze at your facility during the reporting month (i.e., patients passed away or in the hospital). This will satisfy the CMS requirement for clinical data submission.
REMEMBER: Submit and resolve possible duplicate patients before the month closes in EQRS to avoid any missing patients. Use the Duplicate/Near Match Form to submit information to the IPRO ESRD Network for resolution support.