The CMS ESRD QIP NHSN reporting measure applies to facilities that treat hemodialysis patients in-center. Facilities treating 10 or fewer patients are excluded.
Facilities reporting to NHSN for the CMS ESRD QIP rule must follow NHSN Dialysis Event Protocol. Reporting Deadlines are quarterly and only change if they occur on a holiday or weekend where the deadline would be the following business day.
- January – March data are due on or before June 30.
- April – June data are due on or before September 30.
- July – September data are due on or before December 31.
- October – December data are due on or before March 31.
In order for a dialysis facility’s data to be reported to NHSN and sent to CMS, a facility must:
- Complete required training
- Submit an annual NHSN Outpatient Dialysis Center Practices Survey
- Enroll the dialysis facility in NHSN