The CDC provided a presentation on Clarification for reporting NHSN Dialysis COVID-19 Module Data.
The Goals and Objectives included:
- Discuss clarifications in the SARS-CoV-2 Positive (+) Patients and Staff Section in the Table of Instructions
- Discuss clarifications in the Test for SARS-CoV-2 Infection Section in the Table of Instructions
- Discuss clarifications in the COVID-19 Vaccine Status for Patients with SARS-CoV-2 Infection Section in the Table of Instructions
A review of the Common Issues Found in the Data include:
- Not all test results are being counted.
- Repeated positive tests on same patients are being counted as newly confirmed.
- Confusion about newly confirmed vs. previously confirmed, in current and/or previous collection weeks.
- Reinfections being counted incorrectly.