Any entity can maintain a Group in NHSN (state health departments, dialysis networks, quality improvement organizations, etc.).
- Facilities can share data with these partners and agencies using NHSN’s Group function
- Facilities join and provide access to data requested by Group within the NHSN application
- A facility that joins a Group does not have access to any data from other facilities in the Group
- Facilities may join multiple Groups
To join a group, the facilities must have the groups 5-digit ID number and are protected by a joining password set by the Group Administrator.
A Group should provide facilities that would like to join:
- The Group’s 5-digit NHSN ID number
- The Group’s joining password
Administrative-level users in the facility select Group and then Join on the NHSN navigation bar to join a Group.
IPRO ESRD Network Program Job ai for Joining a Group and Accepting the Confer Rights Template instructions to learn more.