If a first-time New ESRD patient starts treatment on a home modality at your facility, the Primary Dialysis Setting should be "Home."
If NEW ESRD Patient is Training for a Home Modality:
- DO enter "Home" as the Primary Dialysis Setting
- DO enter Training Type, Start Date, End Date if the patient trained at your facility
- Do NOT put "Dialysis Facility/Center" as the Primary Dialysis Setting
Do NOT report 'backup hemodialysis' if incenter dialysis treatment will be for less than 30 days/13 treatments
The Example below shows incorrect Treatment/Setting information for a patient training for Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) on 4/24/2023.
- Primary Dialysis Setting should be "Home."To fix:
- Click Treatments
- Click on the Admit Date
- Click on the Treatment Start Date
- Change the Primary Dialysis Setting to "Home"