HARP is a secure identity management portal provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Creating an account via HARP provides users with a user ID and password that can be used to access many CMS applications.
New users can create a HARP account by going to to https://harp.cms.gov/login/login.
At least two facility users should have EQRS access at all times.
When you click to sign up you will be required to enter your profile information for identity proofing.
Complete all required fields.
Learn more about registering for a HARP account by watching this 4 minute video.
Learn more about manual proofing by watching this 2 minute video.
There are two types of roles in HARP.
- The Security Official (SO) role can serve as the SO over multiple organizations. This person is responsible to approve or deny additional SO and End User role requests for a specific organization. The SO must have an End User role to perform tasks in the EQRS application. They cannot approve their own End User role request
- The End User performs tasks within CMS applications, such as EQRS. They may have a user role and scope over multiple organizations.
Request EQRS Access http://eqrs.cms.gov/
- Sign in with HARP Credentials
- See screenshot below: request EQRS [then QIP if needed] Access:
- Search for organization (CCN works)
- Select Role
- Submit Request
- REPEAT for each Role you need for this facility (be sure to include Security Official)
To learn more about requesting and managing roles in EQRS, review the HARP Quick Start Guide.
For questions to the Network, please submit a Ticket: https://help.esrd.ipro.org/support/tickets/new
The QualityNet helpdesk is available here:firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 1-866-288-8912, or TRS: 711.