Run the Patient Events Report to verify all admissions and discharges for your facility in EQRS, within a selected Date Range.
1. Log in to EQRS eqrs.cms.gov --> Reports --> Patient Events Report.
2. Select the Date Range (starting and ending date)
3. Search for your facility
4. Select Report Parameters
5. Export as Excel
6. Generate Report
7. Review the Patient Events Report to make sure all patient information is correct.
A. Apply a FILTER on the Admit Date to only look at Admissions within the selected date range.
- Select the row with the column headings
- Go to Data --> Filter
B. Sort patients by Last Name to see if any have multiple UPIs that will need to be merged.
C. Sort/Filter by Admit Reason to review the Admit Date and Admit Reason to make sure they are correct.
D. Review the Admit Treatment and Admit Setting to make sure the patient has the correct Modality reported.
E. Sort/Filter to review the Discharge Date, Discharge Reason, Discharge Treatment, and Discharge Subcategory to make sure all are reported correctly:
- Fix any System Discharge
- Fix any discharge reason of Transfer that do not have a Discharge Subcategory [blank].
F. Review the Date of Death to make sure that the Discharge Date is the same IF the Discharge Reason is Death.
G. Make ALL corrections in the patient record in EQRS.
H. Open a FreshDesk Ticket to request Network assistance.